Sunday, July 27, 2008

2 Amazing 2 Blog

Hey Guys!

So I'm home right now in Concord for the week for the wonderful Mereshaw/Wiggins Wedding and I can't help but miss NOLA! You have no idea how amazing my time has been there and how I can't wait to head back a week Monday! God has been really showing how important it is to love Him more than anything and then to love on His children with everything I have.

The teams have been great! I feel like pretty soon every church from PA will have come down here but hey that's cool, they're hard workers who love the Lord! My staff is slowly starting to dwindle which is sad but I know the relationships that have been made have been so much more than "on the surface" friendships that it's cool that they're starting the next chapter of their life and relying on God all the way!

So my bday was on Wednesday and my staff decorated my desk and made me my fav funfetti cake then what else would we do but watch Anchorman (my fav movie). I was suppose to meet up with Angela last week but things didn't work out, so hopefully when I get back I can see her and the family!

Prayer requests would be for teams to come down in the fall because right now the whole month of September is dead. Also be in prayer for those leaving the organization and aren't sure what to do next and that God would provide members of staff to take those places. God has been so faithful thus far and we can't forget to praise Him for that!

I've probably forgotten alot since its almost been a month but just know that I've really enjoyed my time down there and meeting the people in the community has been such a blessing and I'm stoked to spend another 11 months or so there with them!

LOVE YALL LOTS!

Katie

"The person who loves God is the one God knows and cares for." 1 Corinthians 8:3

1 comment:

Amanda Prince said...

Katie,
You are an amazing addition to the Crisis Response team and I am so thankful for your friendship. May He bless you abundantly for your dedication to serving the least of these.

Mandy, JP and boys

P.S. I love the picture of you and "the Rev" and by the way, I didn't know you come here!