Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cold Weather and Warm Hearts!


So where am I now?? Right now I am sitting at the dinner table with Becky (pictured right) and Logan who make up half of THE Team Symmons who have graciously hosted me and allowed me to use their vehicle while traveling around the northeast.

Yes I'm in Massachusetts now, spent the week in Connecticut, and will travel to New Jersey tomorrow.  My special friend Becky contacted me in October about coming to visit them and churches in the Northeast before Sandy was even in existence.  In God's perfect timing, I had this trip scheduled before there was a need for a response up here.

Faifield Beach in Connecticut
One of the God stories I wanted to share came from my friends at Black Rock Congregational Church in Fairfield CT.  This church has been to New Orleans once a year since Katrina.  When Hurricane Sandy made its way towards their hometown, they were ready to see what doors God would open.  Sure enough, 2 days after the storm, 15 volunteers from BRCC loaded up and headed to a home that was flooded due to the storm.  Jeremy said his experiences with TouchGlobal in New Orleans prepared him to see the mission field that follows crisis and reach out in Christ's love.  He said they had 90 volunteers from the church come out to serve on a Saturday.  PRAISE GOD for the body of Christ stepping up to love on those in need!!

Please pray for Becky and I as we make our way to New Jersey tomorrow.  It's going to be a quick trip so please pray that we can encourage our staff and churches on the ground, catch a vision for what God is doing there and how best to tell others about it, and for safety on the roads! 

Again I have been so blessed by the hospitality and kindness of my friends here in the Northeast!  Shout outs to Craig and Nancy for letting me base out of their home in CT, for the Goulart and Wallace families for sharing life with me, for Craig teaching me how to shoot a rifle and a revolver (haha yeppers!), and of course for Team Symmons (Logan, Nick, and Papa Jack pictured below!) who have made this trip possible for me! PRAISE JESUS for the people He has put in my life!


AND of course Praise God for His perfect timing that I was up here when my lil spoon Alysha gave birth to her beautiful daughter Evelyn!!! Praise God for new life! :)

No comments: