Monday, October 1, 2012

Because He first loved us...


O how I love Jesus



O how I love Jesus



O how I love Jesus



Because He first loved me...








This hymn was played at the Christian Community Development Association's (CCDA) National conference this past week.  This song caught my attention and my heart.  The verses in the hymn draw out how much our Father in heaven loves us and how His love for us sent us His Son, His one and only Son, to die for us that we may live a new life in Him.  God loves us, His love sent our Savior, His love propels us to love Him and everyone...This theme reappeared 250 miles away 2 days later at Dordt college during their worship time called GIFT (growing in faith together).  Okay God I think you are trying to tell me something. haha 






I love how God continues to show His love to us which is not only meant to fill our hearts but allow us to pass His love onto others.  If we love God, we will obey His commands - one of which being love your neighbor as yourself...and to love my neighbor means I get to express the Gospel, the greatest love ever.  When I put others wants and needs above my own, when I humble myself and seek forgiveness for wrongs I've committed, when I feed the hungry, when I show kindness and compassion towards anyone, when I choose to love my enemies, when I give without expecting anything in return, when I pray with those who are hurting, when I share with others the hope that I have through my Lord and Savior...all of which I must rely on the Lord for because none of these can be expressed without my utter dependence on Him...when I submit my life to Him, His love shines through!






God FIRST loved us! AMEN! So will I choose to express that love to Him and to the people He puts in my life today?  In Christ I hope so!

No comments: