Tuesday, August 7, 2012

THERE IS POWER...IN PRAYER! (and on S. Derbigny!)

PRAISE THE LORD WE HAVE POWER!!!

Thank you so much for your prayers for my housing situation! Yes God has answered and I found out the news this morning that the house I want to move into in central city does have power! God is SOOOO GOOD!!!

I'm praising God for each one of you who prayed for me, Ms. Val, and the house.  I have learned a lot through this trial and through a devotional on Philippians not realizing how much that book would apply to my situation.  Learning how to be joyful despite circumstances has been a tough lesson but is a definite theme in the book of Philippians. Because my joy is found in Christ who never changes, I can be joyful when circumstances change.  He is always faithful, always loving, and always there to hold me during times of uncertainty and unknown.

Yes God has answered my prayer for power and now I'm moving forward with the next prayer request which is for the AC to be hooked up by the weekend and we have some electrical glitches that need worked out.  So not moved in just yet but praying and asking God to continue to show Himself faithful!   He can do it and I just need to trust Him in His timing!

Joyful in Christ,
Katie :)

The whole book of Philippians is just awesome reminders that my life is all about CHRIST! not about a house or where I live..but about my awesome Savior!

Some verses that I'm holding onto are:

For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Phil 1:21

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as ALWAYS Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." Phil 1:20

"The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice." Philippians 1:18

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Phil 2:3-4

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh. Phil 3:3

I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Phil 3:8

 I want to know Christ, the power of his resurrection and fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. Phil 3:10

Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:7

No comments: