Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm Trusting God...and Going Home.

Hi There!

I am glad to announce that I have been INVITED to serve as a LONG term missionary with the EFCA. Praise God!!! Just to clarify that I’ll continue to work in New Orleans and on the internship program for TouchGlobal, the crisis response ministry of the EFCA.

Now that I’ve been accepted as a long term career missionary, I have received my updated budget which reveals that I currently have 33% in monthly donations towards this updated budget. To fully focus on reaching 100% support in monthly donations, I will leave New Orleans at the end of November and head back to North Carolina. I will transition from full time ministry with TouchGlobal to full time ministry with raising support. This is a scary decision to step away from the ministry, not knowing when I’ll be fully supported and able to return to New Orleans…but I have to trust in God and trust Him to raise up my ministry partners in His time knowing His timing is perfect.

I invite each of you to pray about what it would look like for you to come alongside the work God has called me to as a ministry partner that I may return to the mission field. I pray this is an opportunity for you as well to trust God with your time, talent, and treasure. Please ask God to raise up a team of people around me who desire to invest in the next generation of Christian leaders!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via email, phone, etc.

THANK YOU for your prayers and your continued support of me while I've pursued this plan God has for me! Praising God that He lets me do this!

In Christ,

Katie :)

Trips Planned:

Iowa/MN: Oct 11-16

Hopefully Wisconsin: Oct 18-22

EFCA Internship Lead Team meetings in Minneapolis: Oct 24-25


…apart from me you can do nothing. – Jesus (John 15:5b)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you head our way, PLEASE let us know! We would love to see you and have you present what you're doing to our church.

Unknown said...

thanks Ian! I'd love to come visit! maybe when i'm driving back from NOLA to NC at the end of november. I'd love to visit and share what God is doing! thanks for this awesome opportunity! say hi to kari for me!