Friday, May 6, 2011

I am BLESSED!!

Hi Everyone!

I was listening to "I am Blessed" by Rachel Lampa crossing the causeway last night and thought how true!! Just what a wonderful reminder that we are blessed!!! Don't forget!!!

I can't believe how fast this week back in NOLA flew by! I leave TOMORROW for Haiti for a week! I'm so excited to go back and see what God is doing through our ministry there! Please pray for safety traveling tomorrow and for many opportunities to share and tell others about God's great love!

In my last newsletter I had some big rocks that needed accomplished and with time running short I had no idea how things were going to turn out.

So here's a few reasons why I'm BLESSED:

1) Through my friend Denise and her connections, we now have housing available for my girl NOLA interns for this summer!! PRAISE GOD! It's a HUGE answered prayer and of course it's another testimony that not only does God have it all taken care of but it was through Denise asking that God provided...so one more lesson for me to keep asking so God can work!

2) I have completed my application for my transition to long term status this week!! PRAISE GOD! Once my application is reviewed, there will be an in-home interview, then I'll hear back about an invitation to REV, the Readiness Event, for training and to further investigate my ministry calling!

3) With the interns going to Haiti, I wasn't sure exactly how to balance preparing/equipping them and have their curriculum set up while they are there and I'm in NOLA. So once again God provided Steve and Sarah on our staff to handle the Haiti pre-field training along with coming up with their curriculum!! God is so good!!

4) Praise God we have a guy coming to serve as an intern this summer in NOLA! Dustin came down on a team from Southwest Baptist University and will be serving this summer for 2 months! He will join Ronnie and Chelsea as my first group of interns EVER! God is amazing!

5) God has BLESSED me in BIG ways in just one week with financial support! I am so glad I serve a God who knows our needs and even when I fail at asking, He still provides! With my transition to long term status, my budget has increased. So I am inviting YOU to come join me financially in what God is doing through me and the internship program. My email is katie.hooks@efca.org if you'd like more info!

There are so many blessings God has poured out on me that there is definitely not time or space to tell you about all of them!

Love you!
Khooks :)

Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
Psalm 103:1-2

No comments: