Saturday, October 11, 2008

Welcome to Texas



Hi yall!

I made it safely to Texas today! Yee-haw! I rode with Gene Johnson who is a cool guy who has volunteered with relief work many times and shared stories with me of when he came down right after Katrina and God providing in amazing ways! When we arrived, teams were gutting the inside of Galveston Bible Church and taking off the cushions of the chairs to throw away because of the mold/flood damage. I got busy right away organizing our office and helping get things going for setting up an operation here. In pics you'll see the water level came up to 2 feet inside the church after climbing 6 feet to get in the building. I'm already hearing stories from people who have met those affected by Ike and how much there is to do. I hope to go out exploring tomorrow or perhaps to a jobsite or 2 to really get my hands dirty and love on the people of Galveston.

I'll keep you posted and let me know how yall are doing! Please just be in prayer for the Galveston people, they really need a lot of help and the volunteer force just isn't there but we know God is here and He has everything under control.

LOVE YA!

katie

No comments: