Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Midwest Winter Meets Southerner DEBRIEF

Out to dinner with the team from Brooklyn Park, MN! Love these guys and gals!

Hi there!

Right now I'm sitting at the Chicago airport, patiently waiting for my ultimate flight to New Orleans!! After being gone for so long, a part of me feels like I need to debrief from my travels.

1) What were my expectations? Were they met?
-God raises up new support team members - He did!
-God creates connections between myself and churches/colleges - He did!
-God ignites the desire for teams to come back down to NOLA - He did! For example, the team from Clear Lake IA that usually brings around 9-10 volunteers had SEVENTEEN people sign up to come down! God is soo good!
-God raises up more interns for this summer - Still praying!

2) What did God teach me?
-Trust God to provide!
-Spend daily quality time with God or I'll burn out and run on fumes
-No matter where I am, I am called by God to love and serve Him and His children...even if my trip is extended...there is JOY knowing that God's plans are higher than my plans!
-When going on a trip this long, schedule a day of rest! A day of no appointments, no church visits, no wedding planning, just a day to sit at the Father's feet!

3) What will be different when I go back home?
-the weather (haha yes obvious but true!)
-I will appreciate more how God has called me to do His work in New Orleans and try not to take for granted even a single day I have to serve Him there!
-I will have more reasons to go back and visit Iowa/MN and looking forward to staying in better touch with my Iowa/MN brothers and sisters! Love you guys!
-I will continue to trust God with my time, talents, and treasure and realize everyday my utter dependence on Him!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for your prayers for me during this trip!! God has heard them and answered and I can't thank you all enough! THANK YOU to everyone who provided for me on this trip! Anyone and everyone is always welcome in New Orleans!

Love yall!
Katie :)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
Ephesians 1:3



Mark, Mary, and Me enjoying some New Orleans Mardi Gras beignets in Spirit Lake IA!

No comments: